What is Cursillo?
Cursillo is an encounter with oneself, with Christ and with our brothers and sisters that enables Catholics to:
- Deepen their relationship with Christ
- Grow in their understanding and appreciation for the Catholic Faith
- Share their faith with family, friends and others
- Use proven techniques to sustain a much deeper and fulfilling faith life for the rest of their lives.
So, Cursillo is a movement to proclaim the best news of the best reality--that God, in Jesus Christ, loves us.
Which is Communicated by the best means which is friendship.
There is a need to emphasize being Christian and not just doing “Christian things,” but to understand what it means to live a Christian life.
What is the Cursillo Experience?
Cursillo is made up of :
- A 3-day retreat called a short course in Christianity for those that are baptized in the Catholic Faith. This is led by a lay director called the Rector (Men) or Rectora (Women) and guided by a Spiritual Director (Priest). The weekend encourages a spiritual life that is filled with joy, laughter and enthusiasm through shared talks and led discussions emphasizing:
- The meaning and impact of grace and the sacraments in our lives.
- The means by which prayer can and will enrich our lives.
- Follow-up opportunities to continue the movement through regular maintenance and ensuring the movement continues to spread to the whole body of Christ.